Scanning electron micrograph, false colored, of the parts of a flower.
Peduncle: The stalk of a flower.
Receptacle: The part of a flower stalk where the parts of the flower are attached.
Sepal: The outer parts of the flower (often green and leaf-like) that enclose a developing bud.
Petal: The parts of a flower that are often conspicuously colored.
Stamen: The pollen producing part of a flower, usually with a slender filament supporting the anther.
Anther: The part of the stamen where pollen is produced.
Pistil: The ovule producing part of a flower. The ovary often supports a long style, topped by a stigma. The mature ovary is a fruit, and the mature ovule is a seed.
Stigma: The part of the pistil where pollen germinates.
Ovary: The enlarged basal portion of the pistil where ovules are produced.
I decided not to put labels on the pictures so as not to interfere with the aesthetics. There is a good basic illustration of the parts of a flower, with labels, here.
- wattabudda likes this
- mygarden likes this
- lightupdarkness likes this
- countlesspetals reblogged this from bibidebabideboo
- bibidebabideboo reblogged this from 667m
- 667m reblogged this from exitnetwork
- lionsandtigersandbears reblogged this from exitnetwork
- exitnetwork reblogged this from theanonymousmicroscopist
- h3r3n0w reblogged this from kafkasapartment
- d3k3b3 likes this
- annat- likes this
- rezahashemizadeh likes this
- 7646 likes this
- smokymountainhigh likes this
- callipygianology reblogged this from molecularlifesciences
- hodgeandpodge likes this
- molecularlifesciences reblogged this from theanonymousmicroscopist
- molecularlifesciences likes this
- neezieneezie reblogged this from kafkasapartment
- dimensionexceeded reblogged this from kafkasapartment
- mozizom reblogged this from kafkasapartment
- theanonymousmicroscopist reblogged this from kafkasapartment
- theanonymousmicroscopist likes this
- mh-joongki likes this
- kafkasapartment posted this